How 100+ MWC Works
The 100+ Men Who Care is an idea borrowed from similar organizations that are springing up across the USA and Canada. We combine our $100 checks to create a BIG impact. Our Members nominate LOCAL charities or non-profits that benefit Putnam County. At each quarterly event three charities are randomly selected and make a brief presentation. We vote, majority rules. The upshot: based on 100+ members, in 45 minutes your $100 check will become a BIG $10,000+ donation to a deserving charity - or $40,000+ annually. Plus, the $80 given to our endowment at the PCCF means another 8,000 is infused into our local community - or $48,000+ each year. BOTTOM LINE: each member can say 4 times a year "I just donated $10,000 to charity ________". That is the power of numbers. And without the usual time consuming commitment required of most fund raising activities.
- Each Member commits to donating $100 to the Putnam County Community Foundation (PCCF) and $400 to four different selected charities or $500 a year. If you join after the first event, your donation would be $100 to the Foundation and $100 for each remaining event/charity for the year.
- The donations will be given to a charity/non-profit/worthy cause serving Putnam County. The charities must be at least one year old. No national charities will be considered; however, local branches of national charities are eligible for consideration. The purpose is for 100% of your contribution to stay in Putnam County.
- Our events (at the Inn at DePauw) are 45 minutes social and 30-40 minutes business. From 5:30 to 6:15pm Members register, nominate a charity, and socialize while enjoying complimentary food and a cash bar. At 6:15, the business session to determine the charity begins. Following three brief presentations (no PowerPoint), secret ballots are tabulated and majority rules. Ties will be settled by another vote. Another tie and the 2 charities split the money evenly.
- Although the winner may not be your first choice, you will still be obligated to donate $100.
- Once all monies are collected from Members, a check will be presented to the Executive Director of the winning charity by a Board Member(s).
- If you are unable to attend and have not pre-paid - please 1) give your $100 check to a Member to deliver on your behalf, or 2) mail it IN ADVANCE to PCCF, 2 S. Jackson St, Greencastle, IN 46135.
- In order to receive the a check, the winning charity must agree to have a representative speak briefly at our next event; and NOT use our Members’ names for future solicitations or otherwise use their personal information. If the charity/non-profit/worthy cause does not adhere to these conditions, they will be removed from any future consideration.
- Winning charity is eligible for future nomination after 8 quarterly events.
- Members interested in joining the Board should talk to a Board Member or send an email to email@example.com.
- For tax purposes, Members will receive a receipt from the Putnam County Foundation. Per IRS guidelines, Members should expect a $450 write-off. THANK YOU for your support!
In November of 2006, Karen Dunigan of Jackson, Michigan, started the nations first 100+ Chapter as a brilliantly simple way to raise money efficiently and quickly for local charities/non-profits/worthy causes. Today, this concept is growing rapidly nationwide with more than 120 men’s and women’s chapters.
In 2014, a group of local Putnam County women started a 100+ Women Who Care chapter. Inspired by their success, in January of 2015, Scott Davis rallied 11 men to begin a Men’s 100+ Men Who Care chapter. We come from all walks of life and different backgrounds. As individuals, we sometimes feel that it is difficult to make a significant impact in our community. But as a group of 100+, we have the ability to make a meaningful difference in ways that we never thought possible.